Inauguration of Micro-Generation
The SGAL – Sociedade Gestora da Alta de Lisboa is proud to inaugurate the installation of electricity production systems through photovoltaic panels in the Jardins de São Bartolomeu Condominiums in Alta de Lisboa, by the initiative and under the responsibility of the Condominium’s Administration.
Some Figures Regarding the Project in the Jardins de São Bartolomeu.
Placing people at the centre of change and mentalities being the main impetus for that change, the project also stands out for bringing awareness to society and encouraging them to act, resulting in sustainable development in an economically viable form, as these figures demonstrate:
- 374 units (flats and stores) in Jardins de São Bartolomeu
- 16 micro-production units (photovoltaic – PV)
- 288 photovoltaic panels (for comparative purposes, this corresponds to approximately 0.55% of the largest national solar plant with 52,300 panels in Serpa)
- 500m2 of occupied area (31.2% of the area used in the largest national solar plant located at the head offices of Caixa Geral de Depósitos Bank with 1,600m2)
- 58.8 kW power connected to the public electrical supply network (equivalent to approximately 16% of the condominium’s current consumption)
- 80 mWh/year of electrical production (equivalent to the annual consumption of approximately 70 individuals or 23 families)
- 38 Tons of Co2 equivalent /year of greenhouse effect gas emissions avoided [equivalent to the emissions of 18 vehicles or 5 aeroplane trips between Portugal and New Zealand]
- + 315 thousand Euros of investment (estimated return of the investment: 6.5 years)
- + 50 thousand Euros/year of revenues from the sale of the energy produced (the equivalent of approximately 95% of the condominium’s current costs with electricity)